Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Three years ago today...

Three years ago today MaryBeth and I met for the first time. It has been an incredible time filled with laughter, tears (though not too many tears, cause that would be bad), first dates, awkward moments, and of course lots of love. In honor of our three years I would like to give everyone a rundown of the time with some top 3 lists. These answers are listed in no particular order, and I'm sure I will forget some and MaryBeth will have to make a whole new post, or put in the comments her ideas. I will start us off with the top 3 first dates we went on.

TOP 3 FIRST DATES:
1) Our first, first date. 3 years ago. We met up on campus and went to the MOA for a quick lunch. It was honestly pretty awkward and apparently I told her that I had a girlfriend and that I liked the Pittsburgh Penguins. Neither of which are true.
2) Bowling and Costa Vida. Two things that MaryBeth legitimately hates wrapped up in one date. Not much better than the first first date.
3) Our last, first date went much better. We went to a Real Salt Lake game and this time we decided we'd be done with going on first dates.

TOP 3 FAVORITE TRIPS:
1) St. George. We went down with a couple of our friends and had a great time over Memorial Day weekend complete with cliff jumping, BB gun "horse", the most destructive game of croquet ever, and of course the first time we said we loved each other.
2) Foxborough. I went out to visit her and meet her family over the summer and it was an amazing trip. We got to go into Rhode Island, ride a boat, see Paul Revere's house, visit Fenway and Gillette Stadium, and of course meet her wonderful parents and extended family.
3) McCall. Extreme Tubing, Ice cream Alley and many other typical McCall activities made this trip one to remember.

TOP 3 TV SHOWS:
1) Friends. For those that know MB at all they know she loves friends. Therefore, I have had to get into friends, and it has been a great bonding experience for us.
2) Revenge. Seriously, if you haven't watched this show yet watch the pilot episode on ABC.com and you will be hooked. We should get some sort of kickback from ABC for this.
3) Friday Night Lights. We got an awesome present of netflix for our wedding (Thanks Meegan and Parker. Let's hope you read this so you can feel good about that). And this is the first show we really have started watching together on there. Again, look it up if you aren't already hooked. Texas Forever!

TOP 3 FAVORITE HOMEMADE MEALS:
1) Stuffed Pork Chops. Made back when we were dating, but still. Unreal.
2) Breaded/crumbed/altogether amazing ravioli. Wow, I think this was made before we were married as well. But again, so good. I ate so much I made myself sick. Literally.
3) Chicken Picatta. Very good, ate so much. I ate my full plate, then about half of hers. Wow.

TOP 3 COOKING DISASTERS:
1) Anytime I try to make anything in the kitchen. There would be too many to name.
2) Anytime we try and make cookies. Seriously sometimes I think we are being punished for trying to make sweets. It's the only cause I have come up with.
3) Last night we made pizza and I covered my whole side with pepperoni, when it came out of the oven there was cheese showing. I was devastated.
(As you can assume from this posting. MaryBeth is an amazing cook and we don't have any cooking disasters.)

TOP 3 WORST SPORTING EVENTS SHARED:
1) The Celtics losing to the Heat in the NBA playoffs. She literally cried even though I didn't see it. I was being a terrible boyfriend and probably joked about the Celtics sucking as she was crying. Who knows why she stuck around. But I am very grateful she did.
2) The night the Braves and Redsox officially squandered late wild card leads and lost on the last night almost simultaneously. Seriously one of the worst nights ever.
3) Sunday when the Patriots lost to the New York football Giants. Right when I start cheering for the Patriots they decide to lose. Boo.

TOP 3 FAVORITE WEDDING PHOTOS:


TOP 3 MOVIES SEEN TOGETHER:
1) 17 Miracles. It is one of her favorite movies, and we saw it once in theaters. Another reason it should be up here, she stayed awake for the whole movie.
2) War Horse. It had a lot of things going for it. It was about an animal. (Bethy loves animals) and had war and action (Guys love war and action. haha.).
3) Dolphin Tale (or is it tail, or shark tail? I can never remember). It took us about 5 months of talking about this movie until we actually rented it from redbox and it didn't let us down. Great movie.

TOP 3 THINGS WE WANT TO DO IN THE FUTURE:
1) Drive a Buick.
2) Serve a mission together.
3) Sit on our porch and swing with our grandkids.

TOP 3 FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT MARYBETH:
1) She is always so supportive of things that I do. It doesn't matter what it is.
2) She is driven, and has her own wants, wishes, and desires.
3) She loves me just as much as I love her.

This is just a small sampling of top 3's that I could go on all day doing. But I feel this might be just about good. I don't want to bore you, the reader of the blog with too much to read. Thanks for reading. And we'll blog again soon.
MB+ME

5 comments:

  1. This was so much fun to read. It sounds just like Matthew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your blog!! We miss you guys and need to see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love you guys, and I must say I'm surprised that one of the top 3 things you guys want to do in your life wasn't to own a dalmatian...but then I remembered...Matt wrote this post, not Bethy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. matt you blog?!?!?! since when??? i LOVED THIS!!! your such a little blog face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful post. wonderful. just simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete